Sunday, October 17, 2010

i remember you

yes, i'm listening to skid row right now.  if you don't like skid row, then you're dumb.  okay, that's a little drastic, but you should at least rethink your position.

i've talked about the evolution of my musical taste before, but i want to expound on it a little more.  middle school, specifically, was a key time in my life.  i went from safe, parent-approved hip-hop (think Fresh Prince) to dangerous, middle-class scaring rap (Ice Cube, Public Enemy).  I also started to dabble in hard rock and metal.  I think I even had a quasi-mullet in 1988 or 1989.  Bad stuff, thankfully there's no photographic evidence.

I still listen to some of those rock and metal bands, notably Guns N Roses, Metallica, Faith No More and yes, Skid Row.

What bands or singers that you liked 20 years ago do you still keep in regular rotation?

No comments:

Post a Comment