Tuesday, October 19, 2010

don't think twice, it's alright

we’re into the last quarter of the year and as we approach thanksgiving, i always like to look back on everything that’s gone on this year.  it’s been a good one, albeit with some challenges thrown into the mix.  so, here’s what i’ve done so far this year:

-went to the mls all star game (bonus: i got to go with my son)
-got to walk on the field at fenway park (and sit in the seats on top of the green monster)
-had a beer at cheers
-got fired from my job
-got a new job
-got my insurance license
-coached my son in both soccer and baseball
-went to nantucket
-met bill belichick and jeff van gundy
-ate fresh lobster
-went to the salem witch museum
-drove a convertible
-saw some rockets games from a suite
-almost caught a foul ball at an astros game
-grew a beard (and shaved and re-grew it)
-helped start a church
-learned to let go of my life and trust God
-celebrated my 10th anniversary
-quit smoking cigars
-drank a lot of good bourbon

what have you done this year?

1 comment:

  1. In addition to having a baby and potty training twins, I learned that I have been singing a line incorrectly in the Aggie War Hymn for the last 15 YEARS. I thought it went "that is the song they sing so well/SUCKS like hell". Apparently it's "SOUNDS like hell"...talk about life changing...

    ReplyDelete