Thursday, October 14, 2010

have a little faith in me

ok, first things first.  john hiatt is pretty badass.  been listening to this song a lot lately and it fits in perfectly with where i'm at in my life right now.

between taking my exam to get my insurance license, trying to stay on the straight and narrow to lose weight and just living life the way i want to, it gives me hope and makes me want to keep going.  let's face it, we have to live with ourselves first and foremost.  so if we don't like who we are, then it doesn't matter what others think about us.

i lived for a lot of years obsessed with how others viewed me or what they thought of me.  when i got older, i realized that it doesn't do us any good.  we're only as good as we think we are...

so, i got some nerdy looking glasses because i like them.  i shaved my head because i don't like combing my hair.  i grew a beard because i've always wanted one.  i don't wear shoes if i don't have to.  i listen to music that may not be cool.  i carry a satchel (indiana jones had one).

i'm getting more comfortable with who i am.  i'm not done yet, but i'm getting there.

so my message to myself this week is to have a little faith in me.  because we're pretty badass in our own right.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Kinda what I was writing about yesterday - learning to accept ourselves. It's quite a journey, but a totally rewarding one!

    ReplyDelete