Monday, November 1, 2010

supermassive black hole

so, the title of this post is a muse song.  today's entry is "monday musings".  do ya get it?


-Hit the jackpot at lunch the other day – saw “Soul Patch” guy AND “I Wear My Sunglasses Inside” guy.  Sitting together, no less.  Quite impressive…

-Quoting Major League never gets old.
                  
                   ~This guy’s dead.
               ~Cross him off, then!

-My second favorite holiday is coming up.  Christmas will always be #1 for me, Thanksgiving is #2, New Year’s is #3 and Halloween is #4.  I think Halloween is a little overrated, especially now that I’m older.  I really think the candy companies are in collusion to keep this thing going, much like the greeting card industry keeps Valentine’s Day going.  But back to Halloween – the thing I like the most is all the horror movies and assorted paranormal programming that’s on.

-I’m turning 33 in 6 days (or as I call it, “my Larry Bird”; next year will be my “Hakeem Olajuwon”). If I didn’t have kids to remind me every day that I’m a grown up (some people will argue that I’m still not a grown up), I would feel like a kid playing house…

-Football is the greatest sport ever invented.  And it’s not even close.  If you were to think of my favorite sports as a pie, football would represent roughly 50% of that pie.  Following football would be soccer and basketball, tied at about 15% each. Then golf and baseball follow, tied at 10% each.  Hockey?  I couldn’t care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment