Wednesday, November 24, 2010

hell of a life

i type this as i listen to the new kanye west cd, which is AMAZING.  i know there's a lot of people who hate kanye because he's such a dick, but he's a genius.  plain and simple.

so anyway, the song i'm listening to is "hell of a life" and it got me to thinking how good my life is.  so here, in honor of thanksgiving, is my list of what i'm thankful for.  some are serious and some are silly, much like the dichotomy that is my life.

-the national league (the dh is stupid)
-my family.  i have the best wife and man could ask for.  and my kids are my entire world.
-america.  living in a country where i can say things are stupid is nice.
-my mom and dad.  for putting up with all my shenanigans for 17 years.  and then some.
-music.  i am consumed by it.  i breathe it.  it's like an extension of me.
-writing.  we're living in an age where every schmo has a blog.  but how many are actually worth reading?  other than this one and "the mighty rib", of course.  we take these things for granted and good writing is going by the wayside, my friends.
-aggie football.  it's nice to be able to say that again.
-texas a&m. i grew up there.  i learned what it is to be a man there.  i miss my 6 years there.  haha.
-good bourbon.  scotch can be so pretentious.  and bourbon is america's.  embrace it.
-my friends.  you guys make my life more fun.  it's awesome to share this world with y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment