Tuesday, September 21, 2010

music picks of the week

some of these have been out for a while, but i've either just gotten around to buying them or i've had them for a while and just got around to listening to them.  here we go...

mumford & sons - "sigh no more"
brandon flowers - "flamingo"
the avett brothers - "i and love and you"
arcade fire - "the suburbs"

i really dig the avett brothers album.  i listen to it when i'm driving and it helps me mellow out.  mumford & sons is different but cool in a quirky way.  definitely not like anything you're hearing on the radio now.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picks. I really like all of the singles released from these albums on XM (thank God for satellite radio, right??). I just bought the Arcade Fire album and giving it my first listen. Awesome so far. Oh, and thank you for bringing Amazon MP3 downloads to my attention! I can't believe I was paying so much more on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete