Tuesday, December 28, 2010

best of 2010

we're almost done with 2000 plus 10, so i thought i would join the masses and release the list of my favorite (since they're my favorite, they are most definitely the best) music, movies and TV of the past year.  buckle up, and here we go...

music
-"brothers" by the black keys
-"sigh no more" by mumford and sons
-"contra" by vampire weekend
-"recovery" by eminem
-"the suburbs" by arcade fire
-"my beautiful dark twisted fantasy" by kanye west
-"high violet" by the national
-"teflon don" by rick ross
-"sea of cowards" by the dead weather
-"come around sundown" by kings of leon

movies
-inception
-the social network
-the kids are alright
-kick ass
-winter's bone
-the town
-toy story 3
-the fighter
-black swan
-true grit

TV
-mad men
-the walking dead
-justified
-it's always sunny in philadelphia
-sons of anarchy
-modern family
-30 rock
-terriers
-breaking bad
-friday night lights
-lost

there you have it.  any thoughts?  just remember, if you disagree it doesn't mean that i'm wrong...

3 comments:

  1. Nice list! Mumford & Sons is playing on my iPod as we speak, and The National is on repeat in my car. And The Suburbs...what a great album. I can't get behind Vampire Weekend though. I don't know why, but they just irritate the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. piece of trivia? the same photographer who took my picture for the chronicle's story did the photos for arcade fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie - Vampire Weekend definitely isn't for everyone. But I like their vibe, a NYC meets world music kinda thing...

    Mom - I didn't know that, but it's kinda cool. You should check out Arcade Fire, I can burn you a copy of the CD if you want.

    ReplyDelete