Monday, August 2, 2010

place in this world

days like today make me wonder what's in store for my future. i had an interview with a staffing agency this morning, but i never get too excited about them. for some reason, i'm just not having any luck lately.

it's hard not to get discouraged, but i am trying to put a positive spin on the situation. for one, i am getting to spend more time with my kids. i take braden to school/daycare pretty much every day and pick him up as well. i'm actually able to get yard work done. i'm caught up on my dvr.

but i'm not kidding myself. i don't have a job and i feel like there's a giant hole. it's nice to have free time, but i'm not built for this. i need to contribute and feel like i'm actually a productive member of society.

this is where my faith has played an important role in my life. i know that God has a plan for me. maybe it's nothing that i can see or something i'm not ready for yet. but i am comforted in knowing that ultimately the decision is in His hands.

now that's not to say i'm going to sit around and just wait for something to happen. while i'm a firm believer that God will provide, i also know that the only way to get ahead is to work. though some would argue what i'm about to say, i don't consider myself a lazy person. i acknowledge that i may take a short cut here and there, but i also value the feeling of a job well done.

i also believe that we create our own luck by staying the course, not giving up and knowing that things will work themselves out in the long run. hopefully that long run is in the home stretch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment