Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the song remains the same

i lost my job a few months ago. since then, the days seem like they run together. i get really bored - there are only so many times i can mow the yard, wash the dishes, watch my dvr, etc.

but thankfully, kathleen and i have taken on something new and ambitious. we are part of a team that is planting a new church in sugarland. things are picking up and we are starting to really move forward. i know some of my friends think i have changed since we started participating in this. and i guess maybe i have a little.

but it's sad to me that some people view this as a bad thing, or don't know how to approach me. i'm still the same person, just with some different views and a slightly altered outlook on things.

have any of you ever been in a situation where you lost friends or had strained relationships as a result of something you changed in your life?

1 comment:

  1. Yes sir, big time. It's called d-i-v-o-r-c-e. That'll change up things all around. Fortunately, my really close friends are still in my life and will be for an eternity . . . Here, There or In The Air

    ReplyDelete